1. It is to inform you that it has been decided by the Government to impose a time limit on reporting old invoices on the e-invoice IRP portals for taxpayers with AATO greater than or equal to 100 crores.
2. To ensure timely compliance, taxpayers in this category will not be allowed to report invoices older than 7 days from the date of reporting.
3. Please note that this restriction will only apply to the document-type invoice, and there will be no time restriction on reporting debit/credit notes.
4. For example, if an invoice has a date of April 1, 2023, it cannot be reported after April 8, 2023. The validation system built into the invoice registration portal will disallow the user from reporting the invoice after the 7-day window. Hence, it is essential for taxpayers to ensure that they report the invoice within the 7-day window provided by the new time limit.
5. It is further to clarify that there will be no such reporting restriction on taxpayers with AATO less than 100 crores, as of now.
6. In order to provide sufficient time for taxpayers to comply with this requirement, which may require changes to your systems, we propose to implement it from 01.05.2023 onwards.